See My Honest Wealthy Affiliate Review – The Truth
I actually came upon an affiliate training platform that continually adds new resources and maintains current, ongoing step-by-step training. This is the best affiliate training program for beginning entrepreneurs trying to get their feet wet in the arena of online marketing. Affiliate marketing is only one example of online marketing. I will make every effort to give you my honest Wealthy Affiliate review so you will be able to make an informed decision about it’s worth.
I hope this product review of Wealthy Affiliate will show you the worth of the training made available to all who are seeking to earn money online or even to just learn how to build a website. WA could easily become your most valuable resource library.
The purpose for writing this review is to let as many people as I can to know that they don’t have to squash their dreams about earning money online. I found a solution for people to be successful at building an online business even if they have no technology experience.
The solution is Wealthy Affiliate. I can guarantee that the Wealthy Affiliate University is the real deal. It is in no way, shape or form a scam. But, it can possibly be the answer to your dreams. I know it was to mine.
Like many of you, I was about to throw in the towel thinking I would never be able to create my very own online business. Even though I have used computers for many years, I just didn’t have the technical knowledge to build a website or to know what to do with after I built it. But, right at the time I was about to give up I was directed to the Wealthy Affiliate website. That website was where I got my confidence to put the light back into my dream. That is where I would learn to create a web site that would generate traffic and passive income. I was ready to jump in full steam ahead!
A good website builder should offer great services that assist beginner entrepreneurs to build income generating websites. They should provide complete hosting services along with a wide range of other resources that will help beginners to build meaningful traffic that will result in substantial passive income. Let me keep it real. Even though the education is offered, it is still difficult for beginners to understand all the technical details. Something more needs to bridge that gap. Let’s see how Wealthy Affiliate does just that!
Membership Levels at WA
Wealthy Affiliate has two levels of membership. A starter membership is free, but has limited access to resources after the first 7 days. The Premium membership is a paid membership and gives you complete access to all resources provided.
Wealthy Affiliate’s starter membership gives you 2 free websites and there will be no need for a credit card. During the first 7 days of your Starter membership you will have complete access of all resources at WA the same as a Premium member. This period allows you to get a feel of all you can do at WA and a chance to decide if you want a full membership. Your free starter membership does have restrictions after the 7 days ends.
After the first 7 days expire, your access to the training will be limited to the “Getting Started – Level 1” training and “Affiliate Bootcamp Training – Phase 1”. You can continue the lessons until you have completed both class segments. You do this at your own pace. Additionally, your access to the Wealthy Affiliate community will be restricted. At the end of the first 7 days, starter members will no longer have access to anything dealing with support and coaching, live chat, discussions, comments or blogging.
I recommend that during the first 7 days, you take advantage of the free resources by familiarizing yourself with all the different areas of the website. Make sure you ask questions and get help from the community members and begin the lesson in the Getting Started-Level 1 so you can learn how to get around the site. Use those first 7 days to build the framework of your online business.
The free training alone is more than you would receive from any other affiliate training platform with a paid membership. The 2 free websites will be yours forever even if you don’t choose to upgrade to a premium membership.
As a Premium member you will have access to all the great resources available at Wealthy Affiliate (as shown in the chart above) for a reasonable cost of only $47.00 per month (which equates to only $1.56 per day) or $359.00 per year. If you pay for a full year you will save $205.00 since paying monthly will cost $564.00 for a full year.
It is understandable that for some it’s easier to pay the $47 a month. You can always upgrade to a Premium membership anytime. But, I recommend that you upgrade as soon as possible to get the full benefit of all the resources to assist you getting your business to its peak performance. The decision is up to you.
The cost is reasonable for the services and resources. Let’s face it, I don’t know of any business that can be started without any startup money whatsoever! There is no other affiliate training platform that offers the value of resources and services that the Wealthy Affiliate University extends to starter and/or premium members.
Sure fire step-by-step training has been established for you to follow and if you follow the training exactly you will be a winner. You don’t have to figure anything out yourself because the business model has already been created for you. All you have to do is be motivated and willing to learn. The resources are laid out before you, but you will have to do the work. No one else can do it for you.
Wealthy Affiliate Live Community
For me, the live community is the most valuable resource. My background is in Information technology and Web Design. I have the educational experience, but I never actually had any real hands on experience to apply what I learned outside of the traditional classroom. There will be times when you need questions answered or a point clarified.
It’s nothing more frustrating to have to wait days for someone to answer, if you get an answer at all! It’s not like that at Wealthy Affiliate. The community discussions are live 24/7! WA is a global community so people are in the live chat sessions all the time.
Sometimes I’m up till all hours of the morning and I can still get a question answered. Many of the members are experienced affiliate marketers who stay, not because they need to, but because they want to. They are actually paying (membership fees) to provide assistance to other members who need help.
Interacting with other members enables you to continually learn different tips and how-tos of what the veteran affiliate marketers are doing. Don’t copy, but gain the influence from them. So, take advantage of this resource because you will gain so much more insight to help you complete your website. On top of that you will meet new people and come to develop good relationships here at WA.
Another good observation about the live community is that the founders are serious about keeping the community free of spam and self-serving promotions of members own products. That is a no-no and will result in immediate and serious consequences. Since I have been a member I have never seen any offending language or members trying to promote their own business products. That is a good thing. I can’t say that for some other affiliate training programs.
Hosting at WA
Website hosting is when an internet hosting service allows individuals or businesses websites to be reachable to the world via the World Wide Web (www). Website hosts are people who own companies that provide space on servers and internet connection that are used by those individuals and businesses.
Creating a website is of no value and can’t help you earn an income if no one has access to it. Therefore, a website can’t exist alone. It must have reside somewhere other than just your computer. That residence will be a hosting service.
All hosting service providers are not equal so buyers beware! Research before you purchase service. My article, Build a Website has a segment that explains what to look for in a hosting service.
I can think of no better person to tell you about the hosting service at Wealthy Affiliate (my recommendation), than Kyle himself, one of the WA founders.
Thanks for the help Kyle. I could not have said it any better than you already have!!
Transparency – WA Hosting Doesn’t Have It All
I must give you the full information. There are some hosting aspects that Wealthy Affiliate does not include with the hosting.
- WA operates its hosting on a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) basis. There are no package options.
- Do not have options to dedicated servers.
- Does not have the extra security of using SSL certificates if you sell products directly.
- Restrictions on specific plugins for security reasons. You are also limited to using only 5 plugins because it will drastically slow the loading of pages.
- You will have to use WordPress, but you may input HTML coding yourself if you are familiar with it and can also upload your site by using the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) if you have the know-how.
Pros and Cons of WA
In my opinion, no business building training platform has everything. Therefore, we need to make our decision based of which one will best meet our needs. Let’s see if WA can meet those needs.
- No experience is needed! A background using HTML and/or marketing is a benefit, but not necessary.
- Join for FREE and stay as long as you like in the Starter membership.
- 2 FREE easy to build WordPress websites with Starter membership and up to 25 websites with the Premium membership.
- Excellent training with regular updates.
- Experienced premium members contribute additional training and tips based on their own business experiences.
- Provides clear training action plan.
- Step-by-Step tutorials, courses, and video training.
- Interactive assistance from founders and experienced members.
- State of the Art hosting service.
- Zero tolerance spam environment.
- With the exception of Premium membership, there is never any up-selling.
- Definitely not a get-rich-scheme (no MLM).
- Personal 1-on-1 coaching from the founders.
- Support from WA community of 10,000 plus members 24/7.
- Unlimited use of WA Keyword Tool for premium members.
- Live Webinar Training every Friday, but if you miss it they are posted for you to watch later.
- Great Starter membership to see all that WA offers, but you will need to upgrade to the Premium membership in order to access all the features because after you have held a Starter membership for 7 days your access to premium features will be restricted.
- Not allowed to advertise or sell your own products within WA. (Personally, I see this as a “pro” because WA community does not get bogged down with unnecessary personal ads that can problems with the efficiency of the site.
- So much information can be overwhelming to beginners. You will have to be motivated to stay on course and take each tasks one at a time.
- 24-hour live chat may be distracting because members are just chatting about any and everything. It is not condusive to getting questions answered there because they get overlooked by all the member chatting.
As you can see the “pros” far outweigh the “cons”. Wealthy Affiliate is most likely the most helpful online business building and training community you can find!
Who Is Best Suited To Be A Part of WA
If you are intending to have a very large website and need a dedicated served, then Wealthy Affiliate would not be what you will need. Wealthy Affiliate’s primary purpose is to teach people how to build an online business. It teaches people how to do marketing and earn extra income. If you are not motivated or are not willing to learn, this is probably not for you. But, there are people who can benefit greatly from the program.
- People who are retired and want to remain active or want to supplement their retirement income,
- People who are tired of the 9 to 5 time clock and want to be their own boss.
- Students who need extra income to pay for tuition.
- Stay at home mothers who have children and can’t work outside of the home.
- Disabled people who are confined to their home, but need additional income or want to satisfy
their need to feel a sense of accomplishment.
- People who already own a business but want to build a brand with more online visability.
- People who want to earn extra income to supplement their salary.
- People who are unable to find employment.
- People who want to gain their financial freedom.
Wealthy Affiliate is a good fit for just about everyone! However, to make it work you have to be willing to invest time and effort to turn your dreams into reality. This will be about changing your life for the better. The best part about starting an online business is that you do not need nearly the amount of startup capital as you would a brick and mortar business.
Wealthy Affiliate Complaints
As a Premium member of WA, I have not had any complaints about Wealthy Affiliate thus far. I have noticed a few unhappy members online. I recognize that you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can’t please everyone all of the time. What I do know is that there is far more good than there is bad.
Some of the complaints made do not hold much stock in my opinion.
- Some have been disgruntled because they have lost their “write access”. What that means is that a Starter member who had access to premium member privileges for the first 7 days after they joined. But, after those 7 days if the individual does not upgrade to the Premium membership, many of the features are restricted because they only have Starter membership.Usually, when a member loses their write access it is because they have exceeded the 7day limit to the Premium access. To regain their write access they only need to upgrade to the Premium (paid) membership. This is explained when they first join and receive emails requesting them to upgrade their membership. This should not be considered a valid complaint because this problem was caused by the Starter member’s failed action to upgrade their membership.This is simply the requirement of the Starter membership because that membership is only offered as an option for people to be able to get a sense of what Wealthy Affiliate is about. WA allows you to try before you buy.
- An unusual occurrence, but there have been a few billing issues. From what I could research, there were a couple of complaints for a billing issue during the last 9 or so years. It is difficult to see how there can be a real billing issue because the members are in complete control of their membership and they are not under any sort of contracts or non-disclosure issues. You can join or not join and you can stay or cancel your membership at any time. In a member’s profile account it always shows when the next payment is due. You can change the credit card that you want to be charged on. However, only a few billing issues in the last 9 years or so isn’t such a bad track record.
- There was a complaint with BBB that the member could not access his account and got no response from customer service. The only recourse that the member wanted was to get into his account. When he attempted to sign up again the system denied him because he already had an account. The issue was that the member was using a different email address than he had used when he signed up for the account. The matter was resolved.
- Write access was denied because multiple users in the system marked the member’s comments or content as “spam” multiple times which resulted in the denial of write access. The issue was resolved.
- Member updated to Premium status; stated he was only going to do the first discounted month and was no longer interested and wanted to know why WA took money from his account without authorization. It appeared that the member did not remember the terms of service or never read them because he was not aware that all billing is recurring on a monthly basis. All members must accept the terms before making payment and the terms are also clearly explained on the order page. The issue was resolved and the member was reimbursed the reoccurring billing that was processed and the membership was terminated.
- Another write access denied during a member’s live chat session. Write access was denied because a high number of people marked the member’s content as SPAM by clicking on their “SPAM” button. Wealthy Affiliate has a ZERO tolerance against community solicitation, promotion, profanity and Spam. WA provided a link where the member could read more about the rules of participation and expressed an willingness to discuss the matter further via email if the member desired so.
After reviewing these complaints to the BBB, you can see that the issues that were complained about really stemmed from the actions or lack of actions by the members themselves and not really caused by anything created by Wealthy Affiliate.
Also, the fact that Wealthy Affiliate is not BBB accredited means nothing because businesses are under no obligation to seek accreditation with them. Even though not accredited, WA opened a BBB file in December 2008. Niche Marketing Inc is the mother company of WA Inc. As of August 10, 2015 the BBB rating is “B+”.
In the last 3 years Wealthy Affiliate had a total of 7 closed complaints. Five of those complaints were closed in the last 12 months.
To give you something to compare to, Empower Network, LLC who launched only in 2011 had a total of 146 complaints with BBB in the last 3 years with 121 closed in the last 12 months. I say that Wealthy Affiliate has a pretty good customer service track record!!
The Affiliate Program
The affiliate program at Wealthy Affiliate ia one of the highest paying programs. Statistics revealed that Wealthy Affiliate pays affiliate marketers more than one million dollars each year in commissions! How can this be? It because Wealthy Affiliate provides it’s members with access to the best affiliate training platform available in the world! And, that exceptional training leads members increase their rate of conversions and thus, to create an unlimited amount of earning power.
It’s A Wrap
To become an affiliate marketer requires no experience. At Wealthy Affiliate University you can learn all that you need to know to become successful. It is a best affiliate training program I have come across for acquiring the knowledge base to become a full time (or part-time) affiliate marketer.
One difference that makes Wealthy Affiliate stand out way above the other affiliate training platforms is that WA actually provides step-by-step training via written material, instructional videos and live training webinars every Friday and if you miss the live training you can view the videos later. In addition, support is provided by the founders of the company as well as the entire community of experienced affiliate marketers.
I have attempted to give you as much information about Wealthy Affiliate to allow you to make an informed decision about joining. If you are really interested in building an online business to earn passive income and have little to no experience, this affiliate training platform is made especially for you!! However, it’s also for those who do have experience. Wealthy Affiliate is my # 1 recommendation for learning how to build your business while you are learning.
If you still have any doubts about whether WA is for you, try it for yourself for free. Get rid of whatever may be holding you back. I was skeptical too, but I took the chance because I was determined to find a way to change my life for the better. I haven’t regretted moving forward not for one minute. I don’t think you will either!
Name: Wealthy Affiliate
Sales Page: https://www.wealthyaffiliate.com
My Overall Ranking: 98 out of 100 points
Read Real Testimonies: Read Reviews
Verdict: TOTALLY LEGITIMATE
Recommendation: [X] Highly Recommended [ ] Recommended [ ] NOT Recommended
By signing up to Wealthy Affiliate’s Free Starter Account though my website, I will give you two bonuses if you sign up as a Premium member within the first 7 days. One of the bonuses will be a 59% discount on your first month of membership. That means it will only cost you $19.00 for your first month. That comes to only $.63 per day for the first month.
Call to Action
Don’t waste any more time! I will be there for you and you will have real step-by-step guidance whenever you need it. What do you have to loose? IT’S FREE TO SIGN UP!!
Get started today! Click on link below!
I would love to hear about your personal experience or brief assessment of Wealthy Affiliate.
Please feel free to contact me if you need help with anything. Just make a comment below or you can always get in touch with me through wealthyaffiliate.com (here is a link to my profile).
Founder of Mom’s Trusted Affiliate