What’s the Best Way to Get Your Website Noticed?
Congratulations!!! You now have a new website. Your next biggest goal is to figure out what’s the best way to get your website noticed. You don’t want your site to be noticed by only your relatives and friends. You want a website that attracts visitors that appreciate the information you bring to them because you help them find answers to their problems.
The purpose of this article is to show you how to attract visitors and make them eager to come back for even more. Note, however, that not all of these suggestions pertain to your website, but are ways to get visitors to notice your website.
Make Your Content Sensational
As you have traveled the internet, you may have noticed fluffy content that doesn’t actually inspire anyone; content that reads like a university textbook or lacks enough pertinent information as to cause visitors to click away from your pages.
You have also noticed content that makes you share it with your friends, content that moves you to bookmark it so that you can come back to it again. This is the type of content your website should have.
Tips for Sensational Content
• Write new and captivating content – It is important to keep your content up-to-date and always archive your articles so visitors can refer back to it if they need to.
• Create compelling headlines — Your content needs to have awesome headlines. Include powerful emotional phrases. To check how strong your headline is, use a great headline analyzer called CoSchedule.
• Write for your target market – Keep in mind that you should always be writing for your target audience. Don’t try to please everyone. Your target audience should always be your number one concern.
• Giveaways – Don’t give away the entire storeroom, but try to give away some of your great work. Give some of your best creative information away as a bonus and persuade people to share the information with their associates. Some examples are:
A free report or an e-book that has loads of helpful information
A sequence of tutorials
• Guest Blogging – This is a fantastic and most effective method for us to get noticed by the people you are trying to connect with. By blogging on popular sites you get a backlink to your website. If you produce a great offer you could possibly get a lot of new subscribers every time you do a guest post.
• Listen to your visitors – You can get feedback from your visitors via a comment section on your pages and posts, direct email (with permission, not spam), include live chat on your website. Doing this will create a connection with your visitors so you can figure out exactly what they are looking for. Make sure you actively monitor and respond to their feedback.
• Participate in others’ online community sections – Make comments on an article that was of interest to you and leave your name, the link to your website and your email address. Become a participating member of a pertinent forum.
• Sign up to directories – There are a lot of directories that at local, national and even global that you can sign up to. Check out DMOZ.org first. Submit your website to the directories that specialize in your site’s industry as well as the local directories.
• Email Signatures – Be certain to include your URL at the end of every single email you send. It would look something like this:
• Create and run contests – As a way to get activity on your site, you could run contests for such things as coming up with a domain name or a name for a product you create or a logo/favicon design. It could also be as simple as letting your visitors select the topic for your next article or two.
Of course, you will have to come up with a bonus for the winner. You may be able to do first, second and third prize winners. Doing this will give you a chance to attract more visitors and allows you to give something back in return.
• Social networking – This is the perfect venue to get your content noticed because you can get it out there in front of millions of people globally. Use the major social networks to post free reports, infographics, videos, and articles.
Incorporate Search Engine Optimization
If you think that visitors are just going to fall on your website, you should probably think again. People conduct online searches because they have a need for information.
Use low competition keywords in the appropriate places within your content. This will allow your content to show for the searches made by your target audience. Using the best keywords to help your pages get ranked in the SERP (Search Engine Result Page) will result in your pages being more visible.
Links play a big part of getting your website noticed by via search engine rankings. The links I am talking about are internal links, external links, and backlinks. These links are referred to as either on-site links or off-site links.
• Internal Links – These are on-site links that link from a specific content on your site to another content page within your website. This kind of link can improve the bounce rate on your pages/posts as well as increase the time that visitors are staying on your site.
• Deep Links – These links will go to sub-pages. For instance, your navigation tab has a page called “Build a Website”. Then that tab has a drop down that shows two other pages called “Choose a Niche” and “Create Traffic”. These two articles are considered sub-pages. If you link to either of these two articles from within your website, this would be considered a “deep link”. Deep links are better for search engine optimization (SEO).
• External Links – These are links from your website to pages to other website pages. Although Google likes to see these kinds of links because it shows that you are confident in the authority of your own website to like to another website. Even so, you should not overdo these kinds of links since they take visitors away from your site.
• Back Links – These are off-site links that are links coming from other websites that point back to pages on your website. As much as possible, you should always try to get backlinks from websites pages that rank high. These links are known as “High PR (Page Rank)”. However, you can still get link juice from another website page that isn’t ranking high but is still part of the website that is ranking high.
Make sure the connection from the high ranked page is a “do follow” connection to the page on the same website with your link. This may be hard to do. A way around that is to link to pages with next to no page rank as long as the page has ranked on the first page of the SERP (Search Engine Report Page). It’s not just about the individual ranking of the page, but also about the authority of the domain itself.
Looking at a page with nothing but sentence after sentence isn’t very appealing. It is actually very boring to look at! Spice your content up with pertinent images. Try to have the right combination of text and images.
By nature, people are visual creatures. Images can offer your visitors another kind of experience that they may not get from words alone. Using infographics is the best new method of providing your audience with an easier way to process a lot of information.
Since images are a lot more interesting, visitors are inclined to share the articles more with their friends and associates.
The suggestions that I have made in this article are intended to give your online presence a little enhancement that will help get your website noticed by your target audience and the search engines. All of these suggestions may not work for every niche website, but it is important that you try many different techniques.
Don’t just try them. Make sure you also analyze the techniques you use so you can determine which methods actually work and work the best. It may take some time to develop a solid visitor base, but you will be happy when it happens.
Now that you have taken up residence on the internet and understand what’s the best way to get your website noticed, you can begin the next step. Your next great challenge is to get your website noticed by your target audience and establish your online presence with them. Do this by making yourself stand out from the competition. Work on applying the suggestion into your content creation to begin to see how your website gets noticed more readily.
Please feel free to contact me if you need help with anything. Just make a comment below or you can always get in touch with me through wealthyaffiliate.com (here is a link to my profile).
Founder of Mom’s Trusted Affiliate